Talk

Advanced search

4 year old possible anxiety help!?

(5 Posts)
TylerAmeliaMammy1991 Sun 10-May-20 19:59:32

Hey
I’ve got a 4 year old girl and since lockdown more so these past few weeks I think she’s finding it harder and I can understand it’s a hard time for everyone nevermind a 4 year old to process but she’s started doing something and it’s driving me mad now, she’ll sit there constantly saying she’s swallowed something sometimes she’ll say a fly or there’s something in her mouth when there isn’t she’ll tell me she’s itched something or touched something it’s like it’s made her hyper aware of everything it’s very out of character but it’s driving us all insane I just can’t seem to get through to her she’s fine and as long as she stays away from people not in our house and washes her hands she’s fine any advice? is anyone else’s child having similar issues or is it just my little girl? I just wish I could get through to her sad would be nice to know it’s not just my little girl developing odd habits.

OP’s posts: |
NuffSaidSam Sun 10-May-20 20:29:29

Has she got a sore throat? Have you seen/spoken to a doctor? Rule out any physical problem first.

TylerAmeliaMammy1991 Sun 10-May-20 20:44:23

Nope not said she’s felt poorly in any way I think it’s more psychological than physical the problem I may ring the doctor for a telephone consultation but I don’t think they’ll do much at the moment I just wanted to know if anyone else has had similar issues or advice on how to deal with it? I dont like seeing her so stressed.

NuffSaidSam Sun 10-May-20 20:47:43

I would get it check medically first.

Then, just reassure and distract. So, have a look, tell her it all looks fine give her some water to drink/wipe on the effected area and then distract her with something else.

Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Until it passes.

I know it's annoying though!

TylerAmeliaMammy1991 Mon 11-May-20 08:23:52

Ok thanks

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in