Advanced search

Do you think my baby has reflux? feeling a bit desperate by the constant crying

(6 Posts)
kittypower Sun 16-Sep-07 20:31:38

My DS is 5 weeks old and something is wrong, He used to have bad wind and would curl his legs up and arch his back etc, infacol didn't do anything so we tried gripe water which seems to be making him burp. Our new problem is that he no longer curls his legs up and arches his back but he cries and cries now. It's getting to the point now, where if he is awake and isn't feeding he is crying, nothing seems to stop him and after each feed he seems to bring lots of little vomits back up, every now and again he will do a huge vomit. He also has hiccups the whole time, at least twice a day, every day. Please does anyone have any advice?

emkana Sun 16-Sep-07 20:33:34

It could be reflux maybe, have you talked to the HV? Or the GP?

Or phone cry-sis for advice, they are on the phone every day until 10 pm

Ecmo Sun 16-Sep-07 20:36:02,654.0.html

some advice on there.
think you should speak to your doctor to have it checked out.

Lisa229 Sun 16-Sep-07 20:38:55

Hi Kittypower
I posted something similar last week - see post called She can't just be a miserable baby (8 wks old) further down the list of messages. Lots of great help from other mumsnetters. Definately go and see your gp.

Good luck and I know what you are going through.

LIZS Sun 16-Sep-07 20:39:10

breast or formula fed ? How often and how much , try the ltitel and often approach. Try feeding him in a more upright position and keeping him that way for as long afterwards as you can manage. Put him down in a bouncy chair, infant car seat and/or raise the head end of his bed so he lies on a slope. Can you use a sling if he finds it more soothing to be held and carried ?Hiccups don't necessary follow reflux and lots of babies posset. tbh it sounds colicky mroe than refluxy(usually evident from birth) but the above may help in either case.

PutThatInYourPipeandSmokeIt Sun 16-Sep-07 21:42:47

It sounds like his feeding is ok and just normal posseting (a bit comes up). What isn't right is that he's crying so much. I would go and see your GP and get him checked out (they do say that 3 hours of constant (literally constant) screaming, you should go to A&E). If there is nothing medical wrong, I would go and see a cranial osteopath as it may be something mechnical (i.e. caused by tight muscles / stiff joints / headache left over from the birth process.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now