Talk

Advanced search

1yr old sleep - development or something else?

(3 Posts)
LittleTwiglet Wed 29-Apr-20 09:14:09

My DD who is turning 1 in 2 weeks has started, for maybe nearly the last 2 months, cries when she is asleep at night on and off from 11pm till she wakes up about 7.30am. She normally goes to bed between 6.30pm to 7.30pm.
She will occasionally wake up during the night crying, but usually is asleep and crying/whimpering. She doesnt seem to be hungry and still no teeth as yet. I have tried her being in a sleeping bag, in pjs with/without a blanket but this doesnt seem to make a difference.

Does anyone have any advice or have had the same? Its tiring me out more now than when I had to do the night feeds.

OP’s posts: |
selly24 Thu 30-Apr-20 23:18:34

Sounds Perfectly normal. Just like she is dreaming / brain resetting....
11 to 12 hrs with only occasional full wake ups us something the majority of parents of 1 yr olds can only dream of.. Lucky!!!!

LittleTwiglet Fri 01-May-20 08:01:50

selly24 - thank you for replying smile I was a bit concerned as I couldn't find anything about it. I'll have to touch wood it continues if it's a good thing. Hard when you hear about everyone else's is sleeping through no problems, I thought I was doing something wrong.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in