Talk

Advanced search

7 week old baby suddenly moving rapidly in sleep during night

(7 Posts)
sarahhoping Mon 30-Mar-20 20:15:54

So this just happened last night and I don't know what it was.
My baby was sleeping well when all of a sudden as if he saw some nightmare, he starts moving his body suddenly ,. Without opening his eyes
And I lifted him up to breast feed him. He started frantically trying to latch . All this with eyes still closed and rapidly flailing his hand and legs. .
Is this even normal.

OP’s posts: |
LouiseTrees Tue 31-Mar-20 00:39:14

It’s a night terror and he doesn’t need a feed if he’s not opened his eyes, just a hug. Yes it’s normal. Watch out if it’s different than that and looks more like a convulsion though as that can be childhood epilepsy.

sarahhoping Tue 31-Mar-20 03:10:53

When I hugged him by putting him on left side of my chest , he opened his eyes and became calmer.
Btw is childhood epilepsy dangerous

LouiseTrees Wed 01-Apr-20 00:22:24

I had it and I’m still here! In all seriousness though it can be as you can have issues breathing and stuff while having a seizure. Doesn’t sound like that’s what your little one has though. Definitely sounds more like a night terror. Just making you aware in case the shaking changes in nature.

sarahhoping Wed 01-Apr-20 02:21:03

@LouiseTrees It happened last night again.
Now I srsly feel concerned.
I didn't knew babies so small , just 7 weeks, could be having night terrors

sarahhoping Wed 01-Apr-20 02:22:47

Btw he recently started cooing and babbling a bit. So I think he's developing normally and hope he meets his milestones

LouiseTrees Wed 01-Apr-20 11:37:57

Yes. Don’t worry though. It doesn’t hurt them, it’s just them trying to process so much in their sleep. My little girl if anything is early at milestones, so don’t worry. Just continue to monitor the situation and if it gets really worrying/ keeps happening then phone the gp or 111.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in