Talk

Advanced search

cruising advice please...

(4 Posts)
ratfly Mon 10-Sep-07 18:07:40

ds has been desperate to walk for months. He has now sussed out cruising, and can easily (if not very quickly!) walk holding onto the settee.

So, I am bereft of ideas to encourage him... he is getting bored of going along the settee and back to pinch my mobile phone!

Also, when he falls from standing, he stiffens up and if I wasnt there behind him, would crack his head on the floor (which is laminate btw - the floor, not his head). I could put cushions round him so he learns with a soft landing, but as he is cruising slowly, they would be in the wrong place.. How can I teach him to fall into a sitting position?

Lovage Mon 10-Sep-07 18:40:22

Well I'd say relax and do nothing, but I'm quite laid back about this sort of thing.

He'll soon suss that he can cruise holding on to other things (walls, round kitchen cabinets, people's legs) and that will be interesting for him. And the falling over stops as they get more sturdy in standing. My LO had a phase when he constantly had goose eggs on his head from falling over and now he's got them again from beginning to walk. Bumps are bound to happen.

Seona1973 Tue 11-Sep-07 10:13:14

what about a little push along truck that he can push about the floor rather than just cruising along the couch? We have a little coffee table in the living room and ds used to like cruising round that.

andiem Tue 11-Sep-07 14:09:37

I agree with lovage bumps are bound to happen and it is a normal stage of development so just let him get on with it a pushalong would be a good idea

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now