Talk

Advanced search

Does your 2yr old (try and) tell you what to wear?!

(11 Posts)
boo64 Wed 05-Sep-07 21:57:53

Ds 2.2 complains if I don't wear a particular blue top I have/ really complains if I wear certain clothes! I don't give in but am rather perplexed by this and curious as to whether lots of 2yr olds do this.

Is he the next Gok Wan Gok (useful as he can take me shopping when he is older!) or trying to see how much he can control me?

Really not worried about this but am definitely curious!

boo64 Thu 06-Sep-07 14:12:45

ok so it must be just mine...hmmm. He can be quite quirky sometimes...

Katie3677 Thu 06-Sep-07 14:19:11

Mu DS, who is 2.5, will tell me what I can and can't buy in the shops (seems to have reasonable fashion sense lol) and is constantly telling me to take off/ put on clothes. Think it'sjust a mirroring thing though - trying to assert himself against his bossy mum!

terramum Thu 06-Sep-07 14:53:34

DS (3) often shows a preference for a couple of my tops...usually the more flowery girly ones grin

meowmix Thu 06-Sep-07 15:03:10

mine did this for a bit so now I never ever take him shopping as in week moment bought t-shirts with butterlies and all manner of girly shite on them. children have no taste.

mistypeaks Thu 06-Sep-07 15:04:35

Mine tells me quite often to put pants on. . . What would I do without her!! She is prob asserting independance. Mine prefers to pick her baby sister's clothes (they are much nicer than mine so I can see why)

SleeplessInTheStaceym11House Thu 06-Sep-07 15:07:01

mine used to tell me which order to get dressed in 'knicks mummy, boobies now (bra), trousers mummy, n ow top mummy...'

i would get it all wrong if i didnt have her and id look like superman grin

lissielou Thu 06-Sep-07 15:08:22

ds helps me pick out what to wear and genuinely considers the options, its so sweet!

Washersaurus Thu 06-Sep-07 15:11:42

I let DS1 (2) choose what colour socks I will wear from my sock drawer - he seems to enjoy helping grin

Sunshinemummy Thu 06-Sep-07 15:12:26

DS 17m had a tantrum about what shoes he was wearing yesterday but so far nothing about my clothes. Although he does bring me my shoes when he wants me to go outside.

lucyellensmum Thu 06-Sep-07 15:38:52

cute cute cute cute cute

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: