Talk

Advanced search

5 year old keeps pooing in her pants. Help!!!!

(5 Posts)
stoparguingkids Wed 19-Feb-20 19:42:41

So my daughter is pretty advanced in most areas but recently has basically started, so it seems to me, either just literally pooing in her pants or not wiping herself properly after going to the loo. I have talked to her about it, explained how important it is to keep herself clean and even got mad at her, saying how awful it is. The thing is that she doesn't seem to care, she is either very lazy or just really not bothered. I don't get it, my son never did this and I don't know what to do about it. Any one else experienced this? Any advice?

OP’s posts: |
mjas Wed 19-Feb-20 21:00:03

Has she been checked by GP? It could be a sign that she is impacted and she may not feel when she needs a poo and when she soils her pants.

stoparguingkids Wed 19-Feb-20 21:32:22

Hi. I did wonder whether to take her to the gps, she has said that she 'forgets' to wipe which I think is a bit odd. She potty trained fine, never had any problems apart from over the last few months. Find it really frustrating.

Ilovechocolatetoomuch Fri 21-Feb-20 16:28:48

Check she isnt constipated. My ds went through a short phase of this and turned out he was constipated as not drinking enough.

stoparguingkids Fri 21-Feb-20 17:13:55

so we took her to the doctors and she was really bunged up inside bless her. They have prescribed some laxatives, so we will see! She has plenty of fibre, water and exercise so not sure what is going on really. Maybe hopefully just a phase.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in