Talk

Advanced search

My little girl can say two words in a row (proud emoticon)

(11 Posts)
lucyellensmum Tue 04-Sep-07 14:13:25

My DD has speech delay and has had speech therapy. Now waiting for some more but there is a waiting list . She is 2.2 and in the past few weeks has been saying lots of new words, she is now putting two words together. Like fly/way. Shut door. And my favourite cos she says it so slowly and deliberately Ball Park

I'm not sure what is "normal" for her age though. What do your LOs do at about that age.

lionheart Tue 04-Sep-07 14:21:06

My DS is exactly the same age, and has just started to do the same. smile

NAB3 Tue 04-Sep-07 14:21:30

EscapeFrom Tue 04-Sep-07 14:22:11

well done!

ds1

EscapeFrom Tue 04-Sep-07 14:34:36

sorry, baby interfered!

Ds1 hasd a speech delay, and now you can only tell with his pronunciation, not his vocabulary

boo64 Tue 04-Sep-07 14:41:52

ds is 2.2 as well and has quite dodgy pronounciation. He has started putting two words together more recently too - similar to your dd - I think it varies at this age as some kids are speaking in full sentences and others like ours are not.

He too has had a very reassuring vocab burst - I have lost count and he seems to know most everyday words and some that are not now. But his pronounciation is still very out on a lot.

It is so reassuring when you've been worried but they make progress isn't it. Well done to your dd.

Do you find she says more at home around you than when out - just curious as ds does this and I'm sure other people mustthink his speech is much worse than it is.

lucyellensmum Tue 04-Sep-07 14:59:24

boo yes, definately says more at home etc. She is just starting to talk to other people, but at ST she would be mute!!!

littlelapin Tue 04-Sep-07 15:00:22

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

blueshoes Tue 04-Sep-07 15:03:17

Hooray! My dd wasn't even doing that at 2, I don't think. I can't shut her up now (4 years).

tori32 Tue 04-Sep-07 15:17:14

Think they all vary. Average is to beable to put 2 words together at 2 years, sentences by 3 years. Poor pronunciation at 2 is fine. My minded children have just started putting words together at 2.1 and 2.2 ( 2.2 year old didn't use many individual words but just started speaking in sentences. 2.1 year old says few words and a couple of 2 string words like all gone, dinner time. My 20 month old is somewhere between the 2 other children, lots of individual words, lots of 2 strings but no sentences.) All very different for their ages. smile

boo64 Tue 04-Sep-07 19:08:52

Hi Lucyellensmum - we talked before on another thread about all this - good that your dd is making progress too.

Went to a friend's today and her lovely dd - who is about 7 weeks older - was talking in long sentences about quite complex things. I was pleased forthem but ds seemed so different!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now