17 Month old development

(4 Posts)
Mumof12020 Sat 15-Feb-20 13:48:31

I have a few concerns about my 17 month old he is not walking independently He will walk holding my hand or round furniture etc. I think his main issue is laziness as he would rather sit/crawl. Is there any tips to help get him walking? He also doesn't seem to play with other children would rather sit with me during groups. Any advice? Thanks

OP’s posts: |
Jannt86 Sat 15-Feb-20 14:29:03

Walking independently mostly happens by 18MO so if he's going much more than that I'd speak to your HV/GP. There isn't loads you can do to make him walk really except perhaps holding things he really likes a small distance away.

I really wouldn't expect him to be too interested in playing with other kids yet. Mine is almost 2 and is still very clingy with me at baby groups etc and only in the last couple of months starting to seem genuinely interested in other kids and wanting to interact with them etc

MeadowHay Sat 15-Feb-20 22:43:26

My DD started walking at 16m but we thought it was going to be later especially as she was a bum shuffler and has never crawled. Our HV said to take her to the GP if she wasn't walking by 18m. I would probably give it another month and then contact your HV or GP. However I wouldn't worry, lots of kids walk 'late', they catch up.

At that age I don't think any kids play with each other? DD is 20 months and has only started to interact with other kids in the last few weeks.

Mumof12020 Mon 17-Feb-20 20:54:48

Thankyou so much for your replies

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in