16 month old - digestion issues

(4 Posts)
hertsgal Thu 13-Feb-20 18:06:16

My 16 month old has had an upset tummy for the past month which I initially put down to teething as one of his molars cane through but there's no sign of any teething and he's still having tummy problems.

He'll poo up to 4-5 times a day, often v wet and with bits of undigested food in. Almost every one is leaking through, it's like having a newborn again!

I've started keeping a food diary to see if anything is triggering it. There's no mucus or blood in the poo and he's eating like a horse and fine in himself.

I'm planning on making a dr appointment next week but wanted to know if anyone had experienced anything like this and had any advice?

OP’s posts: |
Rockape1992 Fri 14-Feb-20 16:43:58

We’ve had the same issue with our 17 month old boy. I mentioned it to our health visitor and she mentioned something called toddler diarrhea. It’s more common in boys and they don’t know what causes it, but it’s nothing to worry about apparently and they grow out of it. She couldn’t really suggest anything we can do for it other than limiting his fluid intake (sounds a bit iffey to me as wouldn’t want to risk dehydrating him) or increasing the amount of fat in his diet. I’ll try and send you the link she sent to me.

Rockape1992 Fri 14-Feb-20 16:47:30

www.swft.nhs.uk/application/files/2414/7626/8750/Dietary_Management_of_Toddler_Diarrhoea.pdf

hertsgal Mon 17-Feb-20 16:03:45

@Rockape1992 thank you! I'd also come across the same thing! Got a dr appointment tomorrow so I'll ask about it

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in