Talk

Advanced search

Sports club to calm 3 year old?

(7 Posts)
nonamemummy Wed 12-Feb-20 13:59:07

Would a sports club calm my 3 year old. He’s constantly just hurting his 2 year old sister, shouting, banging, growling confused and smashing his toys up. He just seems abit angry?? I’m thinking gymnastic but will have a look what else there is first first
I’m just thinking it would be a way to release all his energy

OP’s posts: |
sleepismysuperpower1 Wed 12-Feb-20 16:37:49

swimming is great for burning energy, as is gymnastics

nonamemummy Wed 12-Feb-20 16:54:44

Oh yeah I forgot about swimming! That’s a good idea

ReallyLilyReally Wed 12-Feb-20 19:33:06

More exercise can only be a good thing, but burning excess energy might not help if the problem is anger. What is it he seems angry about? Sharing the spotlight with his sister? Frustration at not being able to do things for himself? If the aggression is due to anger you need to identify and address the cause

Waffle12 Thu 13-Feb-20 11:47:21

Have you considered a martial art?

There are quite a few disciplines to choose from depending on what u want for your son.

Our dd has done taekwondo since 2.5yrs old, just because we liked the idea. But it's much more than just learning kicks and punches. They look at stranger danger, bullying, discipline, etc- all through age appropriate activities. Our dd loves it and her confidence definately improved.

nonamemummy Thu 13-Feb-20 14:52:22

Yes we did consider martial arts @Waffle12 as that’s what his daddy does grin how does your dd find it?

Waffle12 Thu 13-Feb-20 15:05:55

She loves it @nonamemummy

It was my DH who wanted her try it out as he used to do a martial art aswel when he was younger.

The class she started in was obviously the younger class where alot of it is done through games. But she has just moved to juniors and she feels really grown up.

The teachers are also great- they take no shit-but in a caring way if u see what I mean. Might be worth a try? Our school offered a couple of free trials as well so u could see how they took to it before committing.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in