Talk

Advanced search

Getting dd to sleep despite newfound moblity! Experiences please!

(3 Posts)
Ab31 Mon 03-Sep-07 08:18:19

Hello all!
My 9 mnth DD has just learned how to get herself to sitting from lying down by rolling onto her tummy and pushing up and back over her feet. She's always been a great sleeper as she sucks her thumb so never needed much comforting BUT now I feel like I've got someone else's baby! As soon as I lie her down she gets up and eventually gets stuck and starts to cry. It's been a week now and she's only put herself to sleep on one night, the rest of the time I have been going in, lying her back down again about a million times before eventually feeding her to sleep. Also if she wakes in the night she does the same thing where before she just used to suck her thumb back to sleep. Daytime sleeps ditto! It's driving me mad. How do I deal with this?? Should I just repeatedly lie her down over and over?
Wondering if anyone else has/had the same thing (of course they have!) and how it panned out. Really don't want to get into bad habits of feeding/rocking to sleep but don't know what else to do!
Experiences please...

PregnantGrrrl Mon 03-Sep-07 11:04:59

DS did this when he worked out how to stand, he went through a phase of a couple of weeks. i think you just have to keep at it and be patient- they get used to their new found ability and get bored in the end!

Bennat Mon 03-Sep-07 12:25:36

DS did a similar thing to this for about a month. He kept getting up on all fours and rocking backwards and forwards when he was learning to crawl. In quite a lot of the books they refer to a sleepless period once they can finally start to move themselves. We ended up just trying to wait it out although it was hard. We would wait until he was actually crying before we intervened. It does end eventually I promise!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: