Talk

Advanced search

3.5 year old not toilet trained

(4 Posts)
orchardgirl Fri 07-Feb-20 15:29:09

My 3.5 DS is still in nappies. Having shown quite a bit of interest in using the training seat, he now isn't interested in sitting on it and does not care about a full nappy. Is cold turkey the answer? Nappies off! The problem is I am not in the house with him that much - he has 4 days at nursery and the rest of the time we are visiting family. Any tips?

OP’s posts: |
AladdinMum Fri 07-Feb-20 16:34:12

Cold turkey tends to be the way many families go about it; wait until he has his half-term or in summer holidays so that he can wear light clothes - once he starts feeling the consequences of not going to the toilet he should begin to be more interested in going.

ReallyLilyReally Sat 08-Feb-20 10:40:17

Would you be able to take a week off work to stay home with him and really power through it?

Jess827 Sun 09-Feb-20 15:32:24

This is impossible without dedicated environment/clothing/etc consistency. Are you saying he doesn't get a single day at home? 4 days out in nursery then at family houses? I'm struggling to understand the logistics of this.

You, or whoever is the primary caregiver throughout the week, need to focus on this but it'll be hard unless you carve out some safe space/time without the pressure of what sounds like a complicated average week.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in