Talk

Advanced search

son dreading going back to school

(6 Posts)
xyzabc Sun 02-Sep-07 21:10:35

my son is dreading going back to school on tuesday (hes seven) i think hes being bullied but he just wont say anything. he doesnt like football so is usually on his own at playtime. i worry about him all day. any advice much appreciated.

Majorca Sun 02-Sep-07 23:03:57

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

xyzabc Mon 03-Sep-07 09:43:38

thanx majorca, i know i have to do something! will let u know how he gets on tomorrow. x

HonoriaGlossop Mon 03-Sep-07 10:41:35

Poor boy. My ds is not looking forward to it either; no specific reason, he just so enjoys the freedom of life at home and school is a major interruption!

I think for your own peace of mind, get a meeting with the teacher and let them know you feel he might be being bullied. They can investigate and keep a close eye; best to start the new term that way.

I suppose he may just not like school. For some boys it just doesn't hold their interest. When they want to be madly running about or role playing characters, instead they have to sit down and write a sheet of goodness knows what. My ds has found this difficult.

If you're reassured that actually nothing bad is going on at school, I think really all you can do is give him the opportunity to have friends home in the evenings or on a weekend day if he wants to; and just let him enjoy his life at home and follow his own interests there.

He possibly may be one of those children who don't ever LOVE school. My brother was like that. I loved going, he hated it; same school!

xyzabc Mon 03-Sep-07 12:08:22

thanx so much horonia, i think your so right, maybe he will never like school and i should just come to terms with it, but i always watch him in the playground when i drop him off, and when i see him on his own i actually almost cry. need to let go. x x

Majorca Mon 03-Sep-07 22:17:46

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: