Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

discipline advice required...

(5 Posts)
DiscoFever Fri 31-Aug-07 23:37:52

tonight my dd 9 broke her nintendo in a temper because she was close to winning the mario game but lost shock

She bent back the top part which is now hanging off and it is completely broken. I was so shocked that she had done this out of temper i didnt really do anything apart from a good telling off. Am actually quite disgusted as it cost me £100 as a really special xmas gift. She knew i was upset and told ME not to cry (i didnt, but i must have looked like i was about to) She cried for about half an hour after (she was playing it in bed) she broke it but dont really know what to do about the whole situation.

fedupwithironing Fri 31-Aug-07 23:52:03

She's probably learned he lesson the best way. Just don't buy her a new one - let her save up for it. You probably don't need to say any more about it.

Tortington Fri 31-Aug-07 23:54:11

i agree damage done - lessoned learned is that kidsplaying these games ( and adults for that matter) over long periods of time get emotionally invested. As soon as emotions over a game take precedent over real life - its time to quit anyway - or at least monitor usage and limit it.

i think you have disciplined correctly

DiscoFever Fri 31-Aug-07 23:55:28

thanks fedupwithironing (love your name!), i think the less said the better as she is seriously gutted and it is only her that will lose out. i also told her that she can save up herself for a new one and i will not be contributing whatsoever towards it.

Sidge Sat 01-Sep-07 09:42:25

Agree with others - I reckon she has learned the hard way.

Leave it now - she is old enough to realise what she has done. You did the right thing, maybe when she is calmer have a chat about how she can earn some money towards buying a new one, eg washing the car, helping with siblings etc. Then she gets to learn that her action has consequences that she can influence.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now