Talk

Advanced search

biting and hitting

(4 Posts)
bevjotom Fri 31-Aug-07 13:34:57

Hi having trouble with my 2 year old.He has just started biting and hitting his 5 month old brother, can't seem to get it through to him that it's wrong.i put him in his bedroom and make him stay for 10 mins. any ideas on what to do would be a great help.

Tigana Fri 31-Aug-07 13:37:09

Do you tell him NO that is NAUGHTY/NOT NICE. Frown at him.
Then take him away from the situation, distract etc.

Is he seeking out his brother in order to hit/bite or isit in the course of play etc?

Is it when you are cuddling/feeding his brother?

bevjotom Fri 31-Aug-07 13:41:17

yes tell him no that its naughty and puhim either in his room or tell him to sit on the sofa till he can be nice. i think he tries to play with him but gets carried away,he doesn't do it when i'm
feeding or holding him.

Tigana Fri 31-Aug-07 13:46:55

If it has just started, you may need to give your methods a bit of time to start to work.
Probably "just a phase" so needs to be handled but ultimately ridden out (until next phase takes over!).

Not sure about value of a 10 minutes time out in bedroom for a 2 year old...perhaps is a little young still to work out the cause and effect.

If it is your 2yo trying to play and being a bit too rough then maybe he needs to be told/taught to be gentle before he can be told off for being rough...if that makes sense? Does he know how he "should" play with his little brother?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: