Talk

Advanced search

Dairy intolerance breast feeding 6 week old

(2 Posts)
Purpleburple123 Mon 13-Jan-20 18:48:49

Hi, my 6 week old DS who is breast fed has been extra fussy and crying today and not interacting so much with me.
Basically I was wondering if me eating a bit of dairy yesterday may have affected him negatively today.
I decided to give up dairy a week ago and he had seemed more settled, alert and sleeping more. Up until then he had been super fussy at the breast: writhing around, biting nipple, angry also has been projectile vomiting and gurgling if I lie him flat too soon after a feed. I now sit him up for 30 mins after a feed. Evenings he would cry and cry with no consoling.
Gp suggested i start giving him Infacol before feeds a week ago and he is farting/burping lots which means that trapped wind is not the culprit.
So today I Also noticed his poo has green bits in and for a week has been a healthy brown/yellow colour. ? Due to dairy

Am I looking into this too much as I know he's at the age where they are unsettled and cry a lot.

What are your experiences of dairy intolerance at that age and could one slip up yesterday affect his behaviour today??

Also to note I have a dairy intolerance myself but haven't been following a fully dairy free diet during pregnancy/after birth.

Sorry for the essay.

OP’s posts: |
JiltedJohnsJulie Tue 14-Jan-20 08:24:16

From what you've said, dairy could be the culprit. Have a read of this from Kellymom on dairy.

If you do still think it's dairy, the Infant Feeding and Allergy Sections on MN might help smile

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in