2yo not eating and constantly sleeping

(4 Posts)
BringOnTheYams Sun 29-Dec-19 15:26:02

LO has not been himself, had a throat infection probably 4 weeks ago but since then he has got better but still not himself. Last week I took him Drs because he's been waking up 4 nights in a row with a very high temperature and just not settling down unless I give him ibuprofen to settle him. The doctor checked him over and said he was ok and to just monitor him and if things get worst bring him in. Week on its still the same. He's sleeping all the time and just not eating at all. All he had yesterday was a few spoons of porridge, few spoons of rice and chicken and water that's all. Today tried all sorts for breakfast but just had 2 spoons of porridge forced fed by me. Gave up in the end. Don't know what to do anymore

OP’s posts: |
BringOnTheYams Sun 29-Dec-19 16:12:20

Any advice or experience of this? Anyone

OP’s posts: |
ifchocolatewerecelery Sun 29-Dec-19 17:37:59

Have you tried giving painkillers about 30 minutes before food if he's had a sore throat, it might soothe it a bit.

Contact GP/health visitor in the morning if you're worried or contact out if hours if he's bad in the night.

Babs5693 Sun 29-Dec-19 21:56:37

I’d take him back to doctors, he may still be suffering and just need some antibiotics. Maybe try fruit smoothies, ice lollies, drinks with ice in for now until you can get an appointment.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in