Talk

Advanced search

Is there something wrong??

(4 Posts)
letsdothis123 Thu 19-Dec-19 20:00:25

Can I start by saying that I know babies cry. That’s a given. My son (first baby) is now neerly 10 months old and by god, he’s so sensitive. I’m saying this as a comparison to every baby I have ever met. Some examples of said crying:
⁃when he wakes up, instant crying
⁃When hungry, sometimes even whilst feeding
⁃When he’s on my lap (grizzly) and when I put him on the floor (screaming)
⁃A new you may would easily make him cry
⁃When strangers (or not even strangers, just people he’s met less that 20 times) say ‘hello harry’ to him
⁃Putting him in the car or pram or anywhere
⁃Some items on TV
⁃Putting cream on his face
⁃Taking calpol from a syringe
⁃Most foods make him cry, apart from Apples (puréed)

He does like it when I sing. (I can’t sing). That’s it really. He is SO sensitive and it’s making life really hard. Mentally, socially, physically. The lot.

Maybe I’m over reacting but any help suggestions or advice? I'm just sick of asking myself this question... what am I doing wrong or is there something wrong?
Thanks all xx

OP’s posts: |
surreygirl1987 Thu 19-Dec-19 23:03:51

You are doing nothing wrong. My son was exactly the same. Still is kind of but has improved massively. Google 'High needs' or 'spirited' child. It's just a specific temperament. Hard work!!

flippinehh Sun 22-Dec-19 08:21:31

Is he in pain? My first was similar and had allergies.

surreygirl1987 Sun 22-Dec-19 15:15:43

Mine had allergies too (cmpa). That caused him some discomfort which didn't help... but his personality was just intense too as even when dairy was completely eliminated he isn't much easier! My guy is just really demanding and likes things his own way... and hates transitions.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in