Talk

Advanced search

Ideas for playing with cars and wheeled things with 2 yo DS

(13 Posts)
bumbling Fri 24-Aug-07 18:46:12

any ideas for what we can do to mae it different sometimes? DS absolutely loves cars etc and looking for new simple ideas ... EG one day recently I lined them all up while he was out, in order of size, all 30 big to dinky sized etc and he just loved it. Very simple but he seems to consider it a diferent game to rolling them round his garage or he car/road playmat thing.

PinkMartini Fri 24-Aug-07 18:54:08

Can you make him a town as opposed to just some reoads (using blocks) and what about some hills/ramps to drive cars off (Dukes of Hazzard style) Used to spend hours doing jumps etc as a kid with my big brother.

bambi06 Fri 24-Aug-07 19:07:50

get tubing[builders yard type.. and let him push cars down tube..keep them amused for hours..or planks of wood elevated for same effect..

southeastastra Fri 24-Aug-07 19:09:51

my son used to like to line his toy cars out like the cars parked outside. when anyone went out, he took the car away grin hours of fun

choosyfloosy Fri 24-Aug-07 19:11:47

reversing with beep beep effect

use cars in bath - down slope to splash

Othersideofthechannel Fri 24-Aug-07 19:14:24

Build bridges and tunnels with megablocks or duplo or make them out of cardboard boxes

Othersideofthechannel Fri 24-Aug-07 19:14:50

DS used to love making roundabouts out of round placemats too.

UniSarah Fri 24-Aug-07 22:38:05

ramps, tunnels, off things, down the stairs ( or is that just my boy), in a water tray.

bumbling Sat 25-Aug-07 20:38:21

Brilliant,lots of good ideas, thanks so much. Ppartic love stairs, place mats and pipes as tunnels.

Wallace Sat 25-Aug-07 20:40:44

Multistory carparks using bricks, and books for the levels and ramps

mustrunmore Sat 25-Aug-07 20:40:55

Ds1 loves to spend ages sellotaping old loo rolls together to make tunnels.

My Mum saved the edging strip off cuts from her new double glazing; great ramps!

We've even played 'cars have a picnic' before now!

Oh, and taking the sofa apart to roll cars down a propped up seat cushion works well too hmm

oregonianabroad Sat 25-Aug-07 20:42:25

drive the wheels through paint and make a poster

mustrunmore Sat 25-Aug-07 20:52:48

Oo, yes. We did that with a digger, and it ws a big hit! Making stuff from playdough is good too, although its a mare to get it out of the wheel arches!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now