Talk

Advanced search

Not yet sitting or babbling at 9.5 months - should I be worried?

(5 Posts)
Pammym Wed 22-Aug-07 14:10:32

My DS is 9.5 months and cannot yet sit properly unsupported. He will sit up momentarily then either flop forward or keel to the side. He sits ok in a Bumbo. He is also not babbling yet. He shouts, makes growling noises and blows raspberries but is not saying mama, dada or anything like that. He is commando crawling quite well and seems ok in other respects. Do you think I have anything to worry about?

Thank you in advance.

Pammym.

CristinaTheAstonishing Wed 22-Aug-07 14:13:30

Keep an eye on his hearing. Some babies with a hearing loss have no/limited babbling. (Just to confuse matters, some still babble but lose the babbling when they don't get any feedback from doing it.)

iwouldgoouttonight Wed 22-Aug-07 14:23:02

Try not to worry - as people keep telling me, they all develop at different rates! My DS is one and still doesn't crawl or have any teeth so I know its difficult not to worry especially when you see other babies running around and reciting shakespeare! My DS didn't properly 'babble' until about 11 months and now you can't stop him! As long as he is making some kind of noises I think thats the main thing.

Does he roll around or anything else? Have you asked your HV about it? Hopefully he'll be fine and sit up in his own time but might be worth speaking to HV or doctor just to put your mind at rest.

AngharadGoldenhand Wed 22-Aug-07 14:25:20

Some babies are just late developers. My first was. She couldn't sit on her own until 10 months, only stood up on her first birthday and was late with speech too.

Second was faster, third even faster!

Pammym Thu 23-Aug-07 09:15:56

Thank you everyone for your replies. I will keep an eye on him and see HV if no progress in next month or so.

Pammym.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now