4 year old hates toothpaste

(4 Posts)
Muddytoes1 Sun 01-Dec-19 21:13:39

Every morning and evening is a battle. We have tried every toothpaste we can find (have about 7 on the go at the moment) most of them are berry or mint flavour. We have tried sticker charts, playing games, watching toothbrushing videos, watching paw patrol/other to distract which occasionally work but very often it ends in tears and tantrums. I just lost it this evening and screamed at her as I’m just so done in with it. I feel terrible and apologised after but Just at my wits end. I can’t just not let her brush her teeth right? This is becoming a huge issue and that doesn’t seem good at all for her future care of her teeth. I saw some old mn threads that suggest people just brush without toothpaste but is this really ok? Will her teeth not rot? I’m sat here sobbing downstairs for being so horrible but I feel not making her do it is just bad in a different way. What do I do? I hate seeing her so distressed but I have to take care of her health right?

OP’s posts: |
dementedpixie Sun 01-Dec-19 21:23:14

What does she not like? Oranurse is unflavoured and stilI has fluoride

dementedpixie Sun 01-Dec-19 21:23:44

Have you tried an electric toothbrush?

Muddytoes1 Sun 01-Dec-19 21:25:59

Thanks no I haven’t heard of that before I will try and get some, thanks for the suggestion. No I haven’t tried an electric toothbrush as it was always the toothpaste she moaned about but maybe that would help? Willing to try anything!

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in