Talk

Advanced search

How to wean off the boob!

(3 Posts)
miarose22 Fri 29-Nov-19 18:00:37

Hi,

My LG is one next month and we're still breastfeeding. She doesn't eat tons of food as she prefers milk and she still has lots of milk in the night. Does anyone have any tips on weaning her from the boob and getting her to eat more? Is it as simple as refusing her milk? I'm going back to work in January so would love for her to be completely weaned off milk during the day. We will be introducing some cows milk from her birthday.

TIA x

OP’s posts: |
Harrysmummy246 Fri 29-Nov-19 20:03:00

You may find that when you're back to work she copes just fine and eats more anyway but will make up for it when you are together, including overnight (reverse cycling)

Echomama Sat 30-Nov-19 14:48:11

I gave cuddles and rocking when weaning mine at just over a year. But she hated those and actually preferred just being put down. After being walked and cuddles to settle down. That how I knew she didn't need boob any more. But she still ate very little, and now even at 3 she eats probably the same amount as she did at 1. Even her 9 month old sister eats more than dd1 ever has/does... So long as they are growing and putting on weight I wouldn't worry if the eating doesn't pick up (we do give a multivit in a soft sweet form but not all the time, just ocassional days)

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in