Talk

Advanced search

Beating myself up for drinking

(5 Posts)
Justchats Thu 07-Nov-19 12:00:37

Once again had a few drinks last night and now beating myself up like hell today. Feel like such a bad parent, wife and like im loosing control here😔 i didn't do anything bad just got drunk with friends and feel crap about it today as i always do and i have noone to talk to

OP’s posts: |
orangebee1 Thu 07-Nov-19 12:33:48

How often are you drinking? I have a glass of wine each night just to wind down, there's nothing wrong with that, but if it's getting drunk every single night then perhaps you should join a group and seek help? Many people successfully stop or cut down on drinking, you just need a good support network around you to do so. Perhaps ask yourself why you feel the need to drink? is it a need that might be replaced with something else? Or managed some other way that drinking.

Justchats Thu 07-Nov-19 12:46:05

I have a drink most nights to unwind. Its just when i go out with friends i get drunk and then feel really bad the next day. I work hard i have a special needs child who takes up a lot of my time and once a week i go out with friends for a break. Dont have many friends and the ones i do have just go to the bar for social nights. I just cant seem to find a way to relax, have a drink is what my mind always tells me. Wish i could stop. I joined this because i never talk about my problems. I dont want my husband to worry about me, we have enough on our plate

orangebee1 Thu 07-Nov-19 17:06:10

If it's once a week I really don't think you have anything to feel bad about, stop beating yourself up about it, it's important to unwind, perhaps in the meantime try going running, exercise really is a good way to unwind also, it's hard to get started, but once you do you'll feel so much better. Also talk to someone, it sounds like you need to do that more than anything else, see if your GP will refer you to a counselor, try it, see how you feel, and go out and get drunk when you need to, but in the meantime try to find other outlets that help.

Justchats Fri 08-Nov-19 13:49:50

Thank you for your kind words of advice, which i will take on board and seek some counseling. For now im taking a break from going out and just stick to my few night caps, friends can call by and have a drink with me at home as i feel its going to an actual bar is what triggers me to get drunk and then feel crap the next day. It was great to be able to talk, thanks

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in