Talk

Advanced search

growth spurts - when are they after the first year?

(8 Posts)
pipsqueeke Thu 16-Aug-07 13:27:28

do they come/go etc? DS is 18 months now is teething and off his food a bit but was wondering if ther'es a growth spurt thrown in for good measure as well as he's back waking during the nights again - give him milk and a cuddle and it's back to sleep - althou granted it is warm and perhaps he's thirsty - wouldn't want him to be hungry thou - althou i'm sure he's not the amount he usually eats. (I try to feed him up a bit when he's in an eating mood)

pipsqueeke Thu 16-Aug-07 15:02:18

Chloe55 Thu 16-Aug-07 15:04:22

My ds is 18mths too and he has gone through a bit of a phase like this and funnily enough people who haven't seem him for a coupleof weeks have commented that he seems to have grown loads really quickly so maybe this is the time they do have a growth spurt?

pipsqueeke Fri 17-Aug-07 11:23:46

I think it might be you know - might go back to giveing him a dream feed for a few nights to see how he goes with that.

christywhisty Fri 17-Aug-07 11:33:02

It might not be food, mine never had anything in the night after 3 months when they started to sleep through.

My may be a development stage which is playing on their mind. I know for 2 weeks before ds had developmental jumps, he would be frustrated and restless.

pipsqueeke Fri 17-Aug-07 11:39:29

hmm didn't think of that - he has been developing his speach a lot more lately. I assumed he wasn't eating enough he's also been running around like a loon a lot as well.

Mumpbump Fri 17-Aug-07 11:40:12

I suspect it might be different for different children, but I think ds has had a bit of a growth spurt recently and he's 18 months. His nanny who hasn't seen him for almost two weeks said he looked bigger today and he has apparently been eating like a horse over the last couple of days whilst away with dh.

pipsqueeke Fri 17-Aug-07 11:45:05

must be around this age then? (and I suppose they're going thru devleopmental changes all the time)

god who'd be a mummy with all of the guessing/trial and error that goes on! lol.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now