Talk

Advanced search

Highly sensitive and emotional 7 year old

(1 Post)
kellynokesy1 Tue 22-Oct-19 20:27:23

My 7 year old has always been a very emotional and sensitive child and very young for his age. This is becoming more and more noticeable and has been highlighted at school today by his teacher.
He often prefers to be on his own and play in his own prefering role play or wanting to learn new things over actual playing with toys. He’s really clever and wants to be constantly reading an encylopedia to learn new things. He seems to struggle socially and often tells me he has no friends although this is disputed by his teacher who says he does have friends. I believe the problem is partly he is very one track minded so always wants to play the same games often above his years and struggles to find someone with similar interests. He really struggled to control his emotions and becomes upset very easily and is very hard to bring round once he’s upset. He will blame himself and I have to be careful how I tell him off as he doesn’t deal with it very well. Since he has gone back to school in sept he hasn’t settled well at all he’s so emotional, I think it’s down to new clas, teacher and change of classmates,
I’m so worried about him, I’m worried he’s lonely and sad. I just don’t know how to help him or how to deal with his emotions. Would love to hear if anyone has dealt with similar

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in