Talk

Advanced search

How weird are your 5 year old boys?

(6 Posts)
screamer1 Sun 20-Oct-19 21:35:37

I'm prone to anxiety and have always had a bit of a concern about DS. He's smart and funny and loving. But he can exist in his own world sometimes. He's also a total whirlwind and very prone to getting over excited which the leads to him doing stupid things.

Just wondering what your 5 year old boys are like and if this sounds similar?

I'm finding it increasingly hard to engage with him at the moment, and that's making me feel sad.

tempnamechange98765 Mon 21-Oct-19 10:21:22

My DS is 4 at the end of the year and I'm similar. I find him so strange. I wouldn't say he's massively in his own world, but he just does and says some weird things. DH says he was identical as a child so I'm clinging on to that. I do think kids are strange though!

Examples of what my DS does:

I'll ask him a question and he'll respond with a silly made up word

He makes annoying noises / sings annoying tunes a lot

He acts very overexcited when eg we have visitors or are visiting others. He calms down fairly quickly, but it's a bit embarrassing. He'll randomly say silly things like "Hi mateys!".

I'm 99% sure my DS' weird things are all for attention.

What does your DS do?

screamer1 Sun 27-Oct-19 20:31:25

Constant weird noises

Rolling around on the floor aimlessly to the point where he can end up being a bit distructive just for the sake of it. Think this is when he's bored so I constantly have to make sure he's moved onto the next activity.

Endless running around. We went to the beach in the summer and he was like a dog. Running up and down the beach constantly.

Ilovechocolatetoomuch Fri 01-Nov-19 23:04:22

I have a just turned 6 year old boy. I too can be prone to anxiety so I worry a lot about my ds.

He can be very weird, mostly when we are around others or out and about he gets very over excited, starts acting crazy when we meet up with friends and he can get really huffy if he doesn’t win/ get his own way and will strop off even if out in public, it is so embarrassing!

Jillyhilly Sun 03-Nov-19 16:13:02

My 7 year old boy does some of this!

Welcome2020 Tue 05-Nov-19 18:06:07

My 6.5 year old displays behaviour like this, I have started to listen to Maggie Dent podcasts about raising boys and I always have a smile she is so sensible and practical and has raised 4 boys and it makes me think it is perhaps not 'normal' but its nothing to worry about he is perhaps just a little over active and behind a little but will catch up with development emotionally and behaviour wise

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »