Talk

Advanced search

Five months - furiously frustrated

(10 Posts)
ImBarryScott Tue 14-Aug-07 17:42:15

DD is 5 months and has gone from being a rather happy soul to ANGRY.
I think lots of this is to do with frustration. For example - she flips herself onto her front, assumes a crawling stance, and then goes mental when she can't move. I flip her back. The same happens. She also seems very restless in my arms. I know this will be "just a phase" (TM) but, has anyone got any tips on easing her pain (and more importantly mine ) in the meantime? The continual crying is starting to grate a little.......

thanks.

jaspersslave Tue 14-Aug-07 20:23:37

my dd and ds where like this and i just plonked them in a baby walker and they where much happier to have a bit of freedom and can play with toys with both hands
dd has just started crawling now (7 months) and that frustration has gone

constancereader Tue 14-Aug-07 20:52:05

Have no advice but lots of empathy...ds has been like this for a few weeks, I thought he would crawl any minute, but no. He is 7 months now and can sort of coast around a little, and the crying has calmed down a bit. I am finding it quite hard work to be honest!

jaz2 Tue 14-Aug-07 21:07:43

My DS changed quite a bot at that age, ceasing to be a "baby" ad becoming a "being with a mind of his own!". Just as other people were weaning their babies off dummies, I introduced one, at the same time as trying out baby bouncers, more interactive toys and those things that babies stand up in and play or ones that move about.
What I did find tho was that he started to develop in other ways (babbling and being able to sit up reliably and therefore play on his own), and that took some of his frustration away and mitigated the fraught feeling that I had.

tori32 Tue 14-Aug-07 21:11:53

Have you tried an upright play station? (ps2 bit advanced at this stage!!!) the ones with activities so dd can see more?
Just need to make sure dd is sat in it not stood so not tiptoing.

ImBarryScott Wed 15-Aug-07 07:57:54

thank-you all for your advice!
i will schlep to toys r us this weekend to check out the potential sanity savers you have suggested.

phdlife Wed 15-Aug-07 08:02:05

if you want to save a pound or two you could try looking online for your local freecycle or netmums - I paid £20 for a playgym and playnest for my ds and swapped the gym yesterday for one more suitable, it's green and cheap

course maybe everyone else isn't so worried about cash as I am

ImBarryScott Wed 15-Aug-07 08:12:18

thanks PhD - i'm interested both in being a bit green, and saving a few bob!

tori32 Thu 16-Aug-07 21:00:30

If you want to get less for more you can't beat a car boot sale! Just wash them with disinfectant before use.

carocaro Thu 16-Aug-07 21:40:30

fisher price rainforest jumperoo saved my life, ds2 would scream all the time as he wanted to be upright all the time so I got one of these (well the swing he had was recalled and fisher price replaced it with this so did not have to pay) and it's brilliant and he loves it for sometime half an hour at a time - what luxury, I can start one thing and finish it! I think he loves it as he is A - upright and B - he can move about, shreek and get rid of all that frustration about the lack of movement he has!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now