Is it me?

(3 Posts)
webster144 Fri 11-Oct-19 18:46:33

I have a 9 week old daughter and since very early she has been very fussy, likes to cry and wriggles lots. She's exclusively breast fed, and although I've enjoyed it so far it's been quite hard and I never seem to know if she's happy or I've fed her till she's content. Everyone tells me she's feeding great as she's a very healthy weight and quite chunky, but she constantly pulls off the boob and as of recent has been feeding constantly, as if she's not getting enough. I get quite anxious about feeding her in front of people because of this as she has been so fussy which attracts comments like "why don't you go to bottles, it'd be so much easier" and "oh dear, what a fuss!" And "are you sure you've got her on right?"
It's all left me a little deflated.

She suffers from reflux and has been on ranitidine since around 3 weeks old, we've been getting on great with it but I can't help but feel she still isn't happy or something bothers her and I can never figure it out. She never sits still (apart from when she's sleeping), constantly wriggling and crying as if she's uncomfortable. She won't let me put her down, unless she's sleeping and I can get a minutes peace with my hands free to do stuff for 10 minutes until she wakes again.
I can't help but worry about it all and think, is it me? Am I doing something wrong?
Everyone always comments how wriggly she is and she cries quite a lot and I can never seem to figure out what it is, even if I've changed her, fed her and cuddling her.

I guess I'm just looking for some reassurance that this is somewhat normal...I feel everywhere I look all I see is happy content babies and it makes me feel so alone!

Any advice or tips/stories would be much appreciated thanks

OP’s posts: |
webster144 Fri 11-Oct-19 18:50:32

Also thought it would be worth mentioning we regularly do baby massage with her and bath time to try to relax, sometimes it works others it makes the crying worse!

OP’s posts: |
Aria999 Tue 22-Oct-19 00:18:53

Wind? When DS was like this he normally needed a mid feed burp.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in