Talk

Advanced search

Help - my 12month old won't sleep!

(6 Posts)
janjas Tue 14-Aug-07 11:21:08

She has always been a good sleeper but just for the last 2 weeks has decided to wake at midnight for about 2 hours, then for good at 5am! Have tried leaving her to cry for up to 10mins but it makes her worse. Nothing in her routine has changed and she is eating well etc. Ive checked her gums and there are no sign of any new teeth. She will sleep for appx 1.5-2hrs in a morning from about 10am and won't have any sleep in an afternoon.
Is anyone else experiencing similar and do you have any tips?!

yogimum Tue 14-Aug-07 11:43:15

yes I am!! Though last night was the first night he slept through. I didn't put him down for a nap in the afternoon so he was exhausted by bedtime. I have been taking him into bed with me which is really bad but I have been so tired it seemed easier somehow. Hopefully we have broken the cycle. He has been exceptionally clingy the last few weeks so maybe just a stage. One night I even tried putting him to bed later, he was still up at 5.30am. This morning it was nearer 6am which is a bit more bearable.

janjas Tue 14-Aug-07 12:01:05

I wonder if a lot of it is habit. It makes no difference how much sleep she has during the day, or what time I put her to bed at night, she still wakes at 5am. I could cope with this - just - if she slept through in between! Clutching at straws here, but the only thing that I can think that has changed is that Ive started putting her in pajamas instead of her sleepsuit. Wierd that this might wake her at night but you never know!! Will try the sleepsuit tonight again! She used to sleep in her sleeping bag but its much too warm for that, although she sleeps better in it I think..

yogimum Tue 14-Aug-07 18:23:47

I've done the same due to the warm weather. its probably due to them not been able to move around as much and maybe waking them up. Good luck for tonight.

yogimum Wed 15-Aug-07 07:03:06

janjas, how was she last night? Dare I ask

janjas Sat 18-Aug-07 12:03:55

Hi Yogimum, sorry just logged back on. I changed her back into her sleepsuit and do you know, she slept loads better! Weird! However she woke up with a cold yesterday morning and last night was awful. The poor thing didn't sleep hardly at all, so we are back to square one today!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now