Talk

Advanced search

Almost 5 year old wetting himself daily

(5 Posts)
HappySamii2826 Sat 19-Oct-19 13:01:40

Children are hard haha. All us parents do every day and night is wonder what we can do to guide them in the right path !

Theyvallgone Wed 09-Oct-19 18:13:42

Hello!!
I’m so happy to see this post - I’m sorry, that’s not because I’m glad your DS is struggling, but because mine is too and I’m so lost as to how to help or why this is happening.
He’s just 4 in June and started Reception in September. He’s peeing himself once, sometimes twice a day. At the start he had dry days, now they’re less and less frequent.
The school have commented and don’t seem happy at all. We’ve tried everything. He’s not so bad at home but has also started bedwetting, something he has never really done.

So sorry I don’t have much advice - but it’s good to know I’m not alone.

HappySamii2826 Tue 08-Oct-19 20:27:36

It's at school and occasionally at home. Over the weekend he also done it twice. Really it depends what he's doing, whether he's occupied and doing something that interests him. It's like he no longer feels his bladder full.
I've spoken to the school and the teacher said she is reminding him to go all the time. Today is the first day in about 2 weeks he hasn't wet himself! Praised him like mad!

CherryMaple Mon 07-Oct-19 21:40:06

Is he wetting both at home and at school? Has he got a fever at all? Could it be a urine infection?

If it’s just at school, is he unsure about asking to go to the toilet?

HappySamii2826 Mon 07-Oct-19 19:32:17

So, my son will be 5 this month, he started reception a month ago and has started to wee himself daily, sometimes even twice a day. We constantly remind him to go to the toilet at home and I'm hoping the teachers do too at school as I told them about him piddling himself. I don't know what to do, I've cut down his drinks, I leave a good gap between each drink. What should I do? Is this normal behaviour?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »