Talk

Advanced search

Early waking/ feeding 7 months DS

(2 Posts)
eightytwenty Mon 06-Aug-07 22:39:08

Hi, I consulted MN a few weeks ago to get some suggestions about how to break my 7 month DS's habit of 5 am waking/ feeding. Though he'd go back to sleep, my toddler would be up any time from 6 am so my day would pretty much start at 5. Although my DS is around the 2nd centile (about 16lb), I was still pretty convinced he was waking from habit. So I decided to get tough. Decided to do controlled crying (Ferberer way, 5, 10, 15 minute intervals).
Day 1. CC from 5.15 till 7.40 when he went back to sleep. I woke him at 8.30 for a feed.
Day 2. CC from 5.30 till 6.50 when he went back to sleep, though he woke at 6.55 coughing so fed him.
Day 3. CC from 4.45 (my heart sank!!) till 5.05 and he went back to sleep till 7.
Day 4 onwards... he hasn't woken much before 6.30 and this morning it was 7.30! I know it sounds hideous to leave him crying for so long, but the crying didn't get any worse and the whole family is benefitting from a (for this week anyway) less cranky mother. Hope this might help someone going through the same.

SadieBez Tue 07-Aug-07 22:03:05

Brilliant! Ty!! Mine has just started the early waking this week, after sleeping through (most nights) for the past 2-3 weeks, Ill try this out!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: