Talk

Advanced search

How quickly did your dc's change from rolling to crawling?

(2 Posts)
Eddas Fri 03-Aug-07 12:39:49

Now I know all babies are different but I don't remember dd rolling and cannot remember how old she was when she first crawled

Ds started rolling yesterday (he's 16weeks today), how long can I expect him just to roll about before he will crawl?

I just want to know roughly. I know dd was still for months, was hoping ds would stay still too but looks unlikely

Roskva Fri 03-Aug-07 12:53:36

dd started rolling at about 4 months, and that kept her happy for quite a while. She then found a kind of intermediary movement that I can only describe as looking a bit like swimming butterfly but on the floor (my friend called it horizontal body popping!), before she got crawling really sussed at about 7.5 months.

If you're planning on using a playpen, now might be a good time to start - dd started going in a playpen at about 4 months, and at nearly a year is still happy in the giant toy box that she sits/stands/moves around in. A friend of mine introduced a playpen when her lo was already crawling, and he just was not having it at all

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now