Talk

Advanced search

DD not sleeping since being transferred to cotbed

(5 Posts)
Chump123 Thu 08-Aug-19 15:46:18

Since my DD has been sleeping in her cotbed, she hasn't slept through the night! She wakes about four or five times a night crying out, we are at a loss what to do. We have been very lucky in that she has slept through the nights since she was 3 months old but now it's sleepless night. She is 10 months old. I was just wondering if anyone else was experiencing a similar issue since they transferred their baby into a cot. She isn't hungry or thirsty, she just cries out, we pick her up, give her a cuddle and then put her back down and she goes straight to sleep. I'm considering buying a cot bumper to see if this helps but other than that i haven't a clue! If anyone has experienced similar it would be good to hear smile

OP’s posts: |
MyHeartIsInCornwall Fri 09-Aug-19 21:05:40

Going from a cot to a corner can sometimes unsettle and make them feel anxious as it seems much bigger to them? Does it stand in the same place in the room as the previous cot or is she in a different room entirely? Did anything else change around the same time? Have you tried anything like sensory lights that project stars or pictures onto the ceiling and have the option of music? Doesn’t she go to sleep ok initially but wake multiple times in the night? Is it the mattress is totally different, or possible its teething? My DS2 was like this around the same age as he’d not long stopped BF (his own choice confused) I used to give him a bottle in his cot around 10pm to top his tummy up as he was teething too. Did this for a couple of weeks and it seemed to settle him to sleep right through to around 6am.

Many different answers to this one, but I’d check environment first and then start ruling out anything else. Could just be pure coincidence.

MyHeartIsInCornwall Fri 09-Aug-19 21:06:50

*cot to a cot bed (really must read before posting! grin )

Plumviolet Sat 10-Aug-19 07:42:12

N 'from

Chump123 Mon 12-Aug-19 07:08:37

Hi, thanks for the reply! I think it's actually due to being able to roll around in the bed and lying on her tummy, falling asleep. I'm not sure if she wakes up whimpering, uncomfortable. Am hoping it's just a phase and will soon ease off. I tried a breatheable bumper on the cot but that doesn't do anything. It's probably just the change of bed..

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in