Talk

Advanced search

Toddler regression after a new baby

(2 Posts)
katelily2017 Wed 31-Jul-19 08:02:50

Hi all,

DD1 is 2.5 and DD2 is 3.5 months. DD1 started off absolutely brilliantly with having a new baby sister she's been really loving and kind towards her which is still the case but over the last couple of weeks she's had a huge regression.

She is having screaming tantrums that last for hours, she's started using her baby annabelles dummy (she's never had a dummy) carrying a teddy everywhere she goes (never wanted a teddy before) and pretending she can't talk.

I know this is obviously a delayed reaction to having a little sister and I know it must be so hard on her but the screaming fits are driving me insane. She not let DH go near her and scratches and hits him. And the screaming is relentless it's driving me insane. I've tried all the textbook stuff repeatedly and spoken to her about all the lovely things she can do now she's a big girl and how we love her and give her all the cuddles and kisses. Try and make a joke out of being a baby and have tried indulging it a bit but nothing seems to be working.

She is the loveliest little girl but I am just finding it impossible at the moment and I feel like the worst mum in the world. Feel like dd2 is getting zero attention and has to hear screaming all the time which Scared her. It just feels a mess and I don't know what to do.

Any advice xxx

OP’s posts: |
katelily2017 Wed 31-Jul-19 08:04:42

Sorry about all the typos in this! She's also waking up 4 plus times in the night as well as waking up at 4/5 every morning as well as baby and waking every couple of hours to feed and can't be a settler by dh. Xxx

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in