Talk

Advanced search

Baby stomach issues.

(2 Posts)
AlgItl Sun 28-Jul-19 09:42:09

I am a 1st time mum with a have a 1 mo baby. For the past 2 and half weeks he has been straining and grunting constantly when trying to have a poo. This can last for hours until he does go.
His poo is soft and normal colour etc. The straining interrupts feeding and sleeping.
He has been to GP who said baby is well and suggested changing to comfort food, infacol baby massage but nothing helps him.
I have lots of mummy friends who have never experienced this. Any suggestions?

OP’s posts: |
surreygirl1987 Sun 28-Jul-19 23:32:01

Ahhhh my boy did this. It started when he was 8 days old. He would grunt and strain for ages sometimes. It always came out soft or even watery. He was exclusively breastfed at the time. It turns out he was allergic to cow's milk and possibly soy too. He struggled with my breastmilk (which is unusual - we don't know if he was reacting to oyhrt stuff in it too) and there ended up being mucus in his stools. Eventually at 7 months old I stopped breastfeeding and put him on amino acid formula and the issues stopped overnight. Hopefully yours will be short lived. If it helps, it improved as he got older. Some doctors said he just had an immature immune system. Others said he had sluggish bowel syndrome. But now at 9 months he is fine (thoigh a little constpiated on solids!).

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in