Talk

Advanced search

Ready for potty training at 15 months old??

(2 Posts)
CupidIsFired Sun 21-Jul-19 23:29:25

My DD is turning 15 months this month, I've not even thought about potty training her until today. I was told that they tend to show signs of when they're ready to start training and it's usually between 2-3 years.

Over the last week I have noticed that when DD is doing a poo, she stops what she's doing and squats, and then when she's finished she says "pooooooo". I'm guessing this comes from me, when I change her nappy I say "poooooo" and hold my nose, to show her it smells. Obviously just a jokey thing.

But does this mean that I should maybe start trying her on the potty? So if I she her squatting I can put her on it? I don't even have a potty yet but my mum suggested I start. I know training can be a long process, but I don't know if this is too early to start? Should I just wait until she is 2? I was told that starting too early means alot more accidents?

OP’s posts: |
TigerQuoll Sun 21-Jul-19 23:37:03

You could get her to go on the potty before her bath to get her used to that (and one less nappy to change/avoid dirtying the bath), but I wouldn't try proper toilet training until she is older. She needs to be able to control her bladder and also communicate to you when she needs to go.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in