Talk

Advanced search

Sudden behaviour and sleep issues in almost 2 year old

(1 Post)
Jars11 Tue 16-Jul-19 12:01:34

My 22 month old son has recently become very short tempered and angry, he’s gone from being very laid back, happy and consistent to being the total opposite, almost overnight. His mood seems to sour very quickly and he’s spending a lot of time being upset and not enjoying things like toddler classes. He’s also gone from being a solid sleeper with 10 hours at night and one 2-3 hour nap, to absolutely loathing bedtime and being taken up to his cot. He never used to scream when we put him down and now he’s doing it for up to half an hour. He genuinely looks scared and or upset, and i can’t stress how opposite this is from his usual self. Some days the only way to get him to nap is to take him out in the buggy, i only persist because he looks so tired and rubbing his eyes so much. He’s also gone back to crying in the night and waking super early and not wanting to go down till much later than usual around 8/9. This is all creating a vicious circle of tiredness and anger and random nodding off and feeding times being completely off. Obviously i’ve taken him to the GP and they’ve ordered urine and bloods which we’ve done, but it’s coming on to 4 weeks now and i just don’t know what to do or what is happening. Any advice much appreciated. Thanks x

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in