Talk

Advanced search

I'll show you mine if you show me yours...

(8 Posts)
julesrose Sun 29-Jul-07 11:11:34

OK- so dd is 4 and this has just started. Just been away with a friend and her 4 year old ds. Treated ourselves to a nice lunch in smart restaurant in a French Chateau and the two dc were off behind some beautiful sculpted bushes playing 'the willy game'..Isn't 4 a bit young? We told them priate parts are private and need to keep pants up in restaurants...but I know she'll be up to it again when she can. What do you say? I know it's just exploring and don't wnat to make it shameful or completely ban it as she'll want to do it even more! Any suggestions gratefully received...

constancereader Sun 29-Jul-07 19:08:15

Don't really have any advice on how to deal with this, but from talking to a friend who is a Reception teacher I would say that four was the usual age!

NAB3 Sun 29-Jul-07 19:10:04

I wouldn't make too much of a big deal about it but make sure she knows it isn't something she should be doing in public.
My son, age 6, got showed a fellow pupils vagina in class last week and I am not a happy mother.

julesrose Mon 30-Jul-07 20:58:13

NAB3 what did you say to your son - or girl's mother / teacher? My dd said she wanted to see and touch a willy because she never has and it looked really squigy. Thy did stop in the restuarant but game continued when we got back to the house. I just keep saying these parts are private but got a feeling I'm just making it more interesting...

callmeovercautious Mon 30-Jul-07 22:25:32

Please don't make too much fuss. I remember my Dad telling me off for sharing my "private parts" when playing with a friend and it scared the hell out of me. Gave me a bit of a complex for ages.

From what I understand 4 is a typical age for this and it will pass.

Try and keep it out of restaurants though

nooka Mon 30-Jul-07 22:31:50

lol "squigy willy" I guess that's one advantage of having one of each, my two had baths together until quite recently, so they've never had quite that level of curiosity, but we've moved onto the next stage of snogging each other and rolling around the bed together... they are 6 and 8. It doesn't stop! When they were little and doing inappropriate things I just said that it was one of those things other people didn't want to see (like picking their noses).

NAB3 Tue 31-Jul-07 08:41:59

Have said nothing to the mother as have had dealings with her in the past. This child has been bullying mine all year so if it starts again in Sept the S* will hit the fan.

SweetyDarling Tue 31-Jul-07 08:44:07

"private" can't really have much meaning to a 4yo can it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now