Talk

Advanced search

5 year old daughter having serious melt downs and anger problems!

(1 Post)
HollyJade89 Thu 11-Jul-19 23:29:44

Hello! My daughter has just turned 5 and I don't know where to turn with her behaviour.. she's always been a bit hot headed and got angry at times but the past couple of weeks she has been uncontrollable. It's usually if she doesn't get what she wants or something doesn't go her way. She will shout and scream, kick and throw things around, she's even hit me and my son (her brother) and pulled our hair. She's such a lovely little girl a lot of the time but this side to her is horrific. I don't know where to turn or how to stop it. It went on for 3 hours tonight! I can't leave her alone in a room as she will trash it and things will end up broken. I'm a single parent so I'm trying to deal with this on my own. I'm exhausted! It's taking it's tole on my 8 year old son too. Really hoping it's just a phase but hoping someone might have some tips on how to defuse things? I feel like I've tried everything! When she gets in these moods she just can't seem to get herself out of them and I can't calm her down 😩xx

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in