Talk

Advanced search

Pesto poo! Any suggestions?

(9 Posts)
Niccers Sat 28-Jul-07 18:05:02

My 12 week old has had a range of shades of green poo for the past week, from light to dark green to a very dark almost black poo the other day. Took her to the Docs who has sent a sample to the hospital, which is very worrying. I know green poo occasionally is not a big deal, but to continue for over a week? She is also starting to teeth, dribbling and chewing her hands, which might be causing her stomach to be upset. She has always fed a lot, every two hours still ( big baby, 10lbs 9oz born), but there has been no change in the way I breastfeed, so I am a bit baffled and very worried. Also, she is pooing a lot more, almost after every feed now. Doesn't seen poorly, no vomiting - has anyone else had this happen? New mumsnet person so please help!

PestoMonster Sat 28-Jul-07 18:19:12

Who are you calling Poo?

FrannyandZooey Sat 28-Jul-07 18:24:46

Niccers, welcome to MN. Sorry I don't have the answer to your problem - it does sound like a worry. When did the doctor say you will get results back?

Niccers Sat 28-Jul-07 18:36:56

I've got to phone Monday. I'm thinking she isn't digesting her food at all and thats not a good thing!

FrannyandZooey Sat 28-Jul-07 18:44:51

Have you changed YOUR diet at all? I know we are often told that what we eat can't affect our breastmilk, but I also know from experience that sometimes it did

not trying to say you have done anything wrong btw, just something the doctors may have missed, if they believe mother's diet cannot affect child's digestion

julesrose Sun 29-Jul-07 10:54:33

Friend of mine had similar problem - solved when she stopped drinking fennel tea...

sushipaws Sun 29-Jul-07 11:15:54

I have the same problem with my DD, been 3 weeks now, but she has some normal poo's in between. She farts heaps and it smells sweet.

My HV has taken us off infacol but that doesn't seem to make any difference. On fennel tea too (yuck) but no change as yet. Am also making sure she gets plenty back milk.

She's still gaining weight and she has no other symptoms so HV not very worried.

Keep me posted on your results.

Niccers Mon 30-Jul-07 12:10:50

Have had results back - normal. Almost wanted it to be something so at least we knew what it was! Going to dissect my diet to see if there is anything different, positive there isn't tho. The only thing I'm worried about aswell is that the sample i had to give was not 'green' as such, but kind of normal as i had to do it there and then, but i'm thinking that if there was anything wrong it would have picked it up anyway? poos still pesto green, amazing really!! Never knew there were so many colours poo could be!!
Thanks for your messages.

Tommy Mon 30-Jul-07 12:13:40

my DS3 has pesto poo all the time! I just assumed it was normal.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: