Talk

Advanced search

Concerns with 2 year old

(6 Posts)
xamyrose Sat 06-Jul-19 20:28:22

Hi all,

Just wanted to get some advice to see if this is normal,

My 2 year old has started getting so shy when out and about- won’t walk anywhere only wants to be carried and hides his head into my chest when people are around/ gets upset when someone talks/looks at him.

Not sure if this is a phase?

OP’s posts: |
Bluerussian Sat 06-Jul-19 21:17:30

It definitely is a phase. I remember mine at about 2 being almost afraid of people for a while when he wasn't before. It didn't last, thankfully. Yours will be 'social' again soon enough, please don't worry.

xamyrose Sat 06-Jul-19 21:21:02

Thankyou smile kids are such a worry aren’t they!!

Bluerussian Sat 06-Jul-19 22:37:10

Sometimes.
I can remember having a visitor, a really nice person who liked children. My two year old didn't want to walk past him and if he did he would call out, "Mummy!" and run to me.

As I said previously, this phase will not last.

AladdinMum Mon 08-Jul-19 10:06:18

It is a very normal phase from 18M onwards, some children will be shy while others not, it will just be their temperament. I have seen very shy toddlers that throw themselves to the floor and look down when they are shy, so it could be much worse than just hiding their head in your chest. As they get older and get involved in more activities their confidence grows and they become much more social.

xamyrose Mon 15-Jul-19 18:41:47

Hi guys, just wanted to add that he’s started putting his hand over his eyes as well and sometimes ears?

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in