Talk

Advanced search

Little girl won't sleep in her big bed

(6 Posts)
msm2729 Sun 22-Jul-07 20:54:20

Hi last week we got a single bed for little girl who has just over 2yrs, but she doesn't like sleeping in it, what shall we do, she just keeps getting up, we have shut the door on her, but she just screams and knocks on the door any advice?

funnypeevesculiar Sun 22-Jul-07 20:56:45

any reason not to go back to her cot for a while & give her another couple of months?

PestoMonster Sun 22-Jul-07 20:58:43

I would not let her sleep in it at first. But all her toys/animals are allowed to test it out because they are really excited about sleeping in a big girl bed.

After a few nights of this she will be gagging to sleep in it with 'em

msm2729 Sun 22-Jul-07 20:59:01

Hi yeah we have thought of that, but its all been taken apart, she loves playing in it and getting in and out also stays asleep all night .

GillL Tue 24-Jul-07 13:05:42

Hi, we had the same problem with our dd. She was just over 2 when we put her in a bed. We put a gate up at the door so we didn't have to shut the door. For months, every night she fell asleep on the floor by the door but now she goes to sleep in her bed every night. Maybe your dd also just needs a bit of time to get used to the idea.

terramum Tue 24-Jul-07 14:58:06

If it were me I would put the cot back up...no sense in going without sleep for the sake of doing up a few screws! We left DS in his cot until he asked to sleep in his big bed (they were set up in the same room) & its gone relatively well. We left the cot up for a month just in case. He goes to sleep fine in it but gets out of it at dawn wanting to come in with us...but is getting very good at sneaking into our bed without waking us so we aren't bothered by that now

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now