Talk

Advanced search

DD (6 days) will only sleep on her front-... please make me feel better!!

(6 Posts)
happypiglet Sun 22-Jul-07 18:19:14

With all the SIDS advice etc both DS1 & 2 slept on their backs as advised. After 4 nights of no sleep at all we finally tried DD on her front (as she could sleep up right on my shoulder but I was getting no sleep!).
She slept really well last night and today waking for feeds as expected etc.
BUT I feel like I am breaking all the rules in the book.
Has any one else had this.....
PS she can already move her head from facing one way to the other and I always make sure her arms etc aren't in the way of her face.

kiskidee Sun 22-Jul-07 18:32:48

it sounds like your baby just needs more comfort. all babies are different and this one sounds like her temperament is different from your last 2. would you consider co-sleeping? i am a big advocate but know that it isn't everyone's thing. if you would consider it, i'll share some links with you.

loolop Sun 22-Jul-07 18:34:18

HP-my DD (5mths) was exactly the same she would never settle on her back and loved sleeping on her tummy - I decided on a compromise of putting her to sleep on her side and she slept really well like that however about a month ago she started to put herself on her tummy and I have let her continue to sleep that way. It's a hard decision to make, I guess some babies are just tummy sleepers!

Scootergrrrl Sun 22-Jul-07 18:35:05

What about putting her slightly on her side with rolled-up towels or blankets under the sheet at either side of her body to make her feel cocooned? My DS alwasy slept better on his front but I didn't as I stared at him the whole time in case he stopped breathing and that's not really the point is it?

boo64 Sun 22-Jul-07 19:01:48

If you are worried about the risk of SIDS would a movement monitor provide reassurance? I know not everyone thinks they are a good idea but we found ours really reassuring.

missyhols Sun 22-Jul-07 19:10:25

My dd has always slept on front or her side. That was how she was comfortable so i left it that way. Personally i don't like the idea of babies sleeping on their back. What if they choke on own vomit? But i'm not about to get in a debate over whats best as i believe whatever suits baby and you or i is best. Dd is now 20 months and will always go to bed and lay straight on her front.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: