Talk

Advanced search

Worried about 7 month old’s development

(4 Posts)
CathyandHeathcliff Sat 25-May-19 17:54:32

So my 7 month old has been sitting up unaided since he was 5 months. Now he’s just over 7 months, he makes no attempt to move at all. He rolls straight onto his back if I put him on his tummy (he can roll both ways).
I put him in his jumperoo when I want to do something and he just stands there, he makes no attempt to jump at all, I’ve tried modelling what to do and helping him by holding his hands, he just ends up whinging in there and eventually crying so I have to get him out. I see videos of babies around his age jumping like crazy in their jumperoos.
Another thing is that he’s not yet making baba or mama/dada noises, he just blows raspberries and makes “ooooh” sounds. He also screeches and shrieks when he’s in a happy mood.
He’s happy to sit and play with his toys on the floor for a while, until he gets frustrated/bored because he can’t move.

He is quite good at things like banging his tambourine to make noise and shaking rattles too. He also balances himself really well when sitting up and leaning forward or looking backwards for things.

I’m concerned there’s a developmental delay going on.
He wasn’t premature or anything like that btw.

OP’s posts: |
CathyandHeathcliff Sat 25-May-19 17:56:26

Oh and he’s also very good at eating (we’re doing BLW) and he feeds himself without any trouble. He even seems to have the pincer grip sometimes.
He’s seems emotionally intelligent and smiles a lot in recognition of familiar faces/laughs and smiles when he hears a familiar song or story.

OP’s posts: |
surreygirl1987 Sat 25-May-19 19:34:26

Oh he sounds almost exactly like my 7.5 month old except mine isn't even rolling!! He can go round in a circle on his tummy though. He's actually seeing a physiotherapist occasionally as he had a neck injury from the ventouse birth, and she's really pleased with his development (apart from no rolling with she's not particularly worried about)... so it sounds like you have nothing to worry about smile
He also doesn't do anything in the jumperoo apart from play with the toys. But i have a fruend whose 8 month old wouldnt toletate tummy time at all until a few weeks ago and now hes almost crawling! Suddenly they just get itsmile

user1498572889 Sat 25-May-19 19:51:49

Sounds perfectly normal to me. Stop worrying and enjoy him. 💙

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in