Talk

Advanced search

15mth old with night time change of behaviour, advice please.

(4 Posts)
lulalullabye Fri 20-Jul-07 13:33:44

My dd has always gone down at bedtime, 7 ish and slept till 6-6.30.

The last few nights has been playing up and crying when put down and has had to be left to cry for 30 mins ish.

She has two naps a day at 15mths, morning and afternoon.

Do you think it is time to cut the morning nap and opt for a midday one ?

At what age did others stop two naps?

Tigana Fri 20-Jul-07 13:36:43

Could very well just be one of those "phase" things all children go through, constantly!

I would class DS as a good sleeper (on the scale of things!) but he has had phases of a week to 4 weeks of not settling well (or at all) or waking every night.

That said, you could see if one nap is better.

To be honest I sort of let DS 'tell' me when he wants a nap ( either by falling aslepp or being a grumpy little buggar!).

lulalullabye Fri 20-Jul-07 13:43:13

I think the biggest problem is that we have been so spoilt with her nightime sleeping. I am currently 11 days overdue and finding it stressful that this is the time she has chosen to change. Today she has had one nap for 1 1/2 hrs, so fingers crossed she will be knackered by 7, fingers crossed !

Thanks for advice.

krang Fri 20-Jul-07 13:54:27

Hi LLB, my DS was on a very similar routine. We dropped the morning nap when he was around a year old and started waking very early. He now has just one nap a day, for around two hours, after his lunch, and sleeps fine. Might be worth a try as the need for sleep does tend to decrease around now, I think, though of course every baby is different.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now