Talk

Advanced search

oh my goodness, someone HELP please

(12 Posts)
loopylou6 Mon 16-Jul-07 09:59:10

ok, my dd 3 years old has taken to wee'ing in the bath theres no way shes picked it up from anyone she just does it, ive tried threatening her that i will bath her in the toilet if she does it again (lmao) oh and btw i dont mean she does it when shjes having a bath, i mean she goes and sits on it like a toilet, she knows she shouldnt do it coz she runs when i catch her at it and says sorry, i can honestly say ive NEVER heard of a child doing this before, any ideas anyone?

filchthemildmanneredjanitor Mon 16-Jul-07 10:00:36

i did this too.

don't know why. justb experimenting i guess.

no suggetions though.

dustystar Mon 16-Jul-07 10:01:43

Perhaps you should try ignoring it and see if that works. She may just be doing it for attention. At least in the bath its easy to clean

slinkyjo Mon 16-Jul-07 10:02:01

lmao its normal behaviour i think both my dc have gone through this phase

loopylou6 Mon 16-Jul-07 10:03:50

ohh thank god LOL, i thought i just had a very strange child lol, its not so bad if other peoples kids have done it, dusty i will try ignoring for a while tos ee if this helps, it just drives me mad coz i like everyhting to be clean and perfect lol

FireFaerie Mon 16-Jul-07 10:04:13

I remember going to the toilet sat the wrong way a couple of times when i was younger.. i have NO idea why, i think i was just being wierd I think its a bit of a silly phase that she will hopefully grow out of. Good luck

TootyFrooty Mon 16-Jul-07 10:05:47

Better than the thread last week about someone's cat peeing in the kitchen sink. [vomit]

loopylou6 Mon 16-Jul-07 10:10:00

omg tooty really? that cat would be soooooooo homeless lol

Oenophile Mon 16-Jul-07 10:11:04

My DD had an even worse phase than this aged SIX - she had a fascination with the whole business - I told myself 'well she won't be doing that at 16' (a mantra which has proved a great comfort to me over the years and always true, though of course there are always new and usually worse things to worry about!)

Ignoring it is good advice though incredibly difficult to follow, but honestly I think she'll just get bored with it once she's experimented a bit if you don't make too big a deal out of it.

Drive us mad, don't they..

filchthemildmanneredjanitor Mon 16-Jul-07 10:11:16

i seem to remember a phase of emtying bubble bath and talc etc down the loo too....

KITTENSOCKS Mon 16-Jul-07 10:50:32

Do you get her to clean the bath afterwards, THE WHOLE BATH, not just the bit she wet? Might put her off if she has to spend valuable play time cleaning. Other than that, I wouldn't get too strung out about it.

Jazzicatz Mon 16-Jul-07 10:53:29

Both my ds's have done it, and they soon grow out of it once they realise that once they pee they then have to sit in it. My ds (4.5) now gets very upset if his younger brother (2.5) does it!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now