Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

How can I get my daughter to sleep again??

(10 Posts)
Billy1976 Fri 13-Jul-07 14:44:31

Ever since my wife died my youngest daughter has only been able to sleep a few hours a night. I feel so sorry for her.

Can anyone suggest anything?

TooTicky Fri 13-Jul-07 14:47:39

Oh !
How old is she? Has she had any counselling?

Billy1976 Fri 13-Jul-07 14:49:07

We have tried to avoid the counselling thing but its hard for us all

I'm just trying to deal with it in the best way I can

Thankfully my mother is helping out a lot though

Sixer Fri 13-Jul-07 14:49:50

how old is she? Does she share a room?

stressteddy Fri 13-Jul-07 14:50:48

Hi there Billy
Are you sleeping with your daughter? It may be something you could do just for now? She may need the extra comfort? How old is she?

Billy1976 Fri 13-Jul-07 14:51:15

Yes she does share a room with her sister

She usually ends up in with me though, and now I'm struggling to keep awake at work!

barefeete Fri 13-Jul-07 14:53:01

Does she sleep in her own room and if so have you tried to bring her in with you for a while until she feels more secure again?

I know it's not aninstant fix but just give her time and cuddles

I hope that you are ok to?

stressteddy Fri 13-Jul-07 14:53:36

Oh darling boy, I am so sorry for your crappy situation. Is there any chance of taking a few days off? Having a short break? Doing less hours for a while?
TBH I think that ANYTHING that gets you all through this horrid time is worth it. Keep talking to us all Billy. You'll find lots of support on here (far more than insults - saw your other post!)

barefeete Fri 13-Jul-07 14:54:26

Go to your Gp, they will be able to suggest a lot of different sources of help for the whole family.

barefeete Fri 13-Jul-07 14:56:27

by the way i meant - you could try going to your GP. I didn't mean to sound so bossy. Sorry!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now