Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

HELP....22 month old crys all the time

(7 Posts)
Vixie78 Tue 10-Jul-07 10:23:37

Please help, my dd who is 22 months old is driving me nuts! she crys all the time mainly cos she doesn't get what she wants. How do you deal with this behaviour? I feel the terrible 2's have come early! She doesn't talk much if at all, so i don't want to give her a dummy again even if it helps my sanity. Any advice would be great. Thanks

boo64 Tue 10-Jul-07 13:53:35

Could you ask her to point to what she wants and even show her a couple of basic signs?

ds is just 2 and he isn't a huge talker but the signs really helped him communicate over the last few months and I'm sure have cut down the whining and crying (although see my other post on here as he still does it a lot - but less than he used to perhaps)

He made up a couple of signs but I'm sure you could show her a couple - food, drink, sleep maybe?

I think signing has probably delayed him using words for these things as he still signs them but it must have cut down a lot of frustration.

Vixie78 Tue 10-Jul-07 19:46:32

Hi
Its not so much i don't understand what she wants, its more that she can't have what she wants. When she can't have what ever it is she goes into one and is a nightmare. Just don't know how to treat it or to make it better.
Any ideas??

Jamum Tue 10-Jul-07 19:51:32

Ignore ignore ignore

My ds is 22 months and it really works!

youpeskykids Tue 10-Jul-07 20:01:31

As the saying goes, "Actors Need Audiences". I'm with Jamum - completely ignore the tantrums, and she'll soon realise that it gets her absolutely nowhere!

Vixie78 Tue 10-Jul-07 20:11:21

think i might be bald from hair loss soon! the whining just does your head in and my little 5 months old hates it too
I am ignoring her in the most part some times its just so hard!
Going to work was never as hard as this!! At least my boss didn't scream at me all day haha

boo64 Tue 10-Jul-07 22:04:34

Ha but my clients did!!

But seriously, I think that the others are right then if that's the issue - just ignore. If you want you can also say 'I don't understand whining/ tantrums whatever' and then ignore?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now