Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

How much should he weigh?

(12 Posts)
Iklboo Tue 10-Jul-07 09:58:39

DS is just 20 months old. He's around 32 inches tall and weighs approx 24 - 24.5lbs. He is very active, always running about, climbing, playing etc.

Is he a skinny minny or this weight about OK. He looks quite lean but has a wee paunch and chubby cheeks. Eats very well (when he's in the mood) and a good varied diet.

[unnecessarily worried mother emoticon?]

daisyandbabybootoo Tue 10-Jul-07 10:06:56

looking at the growth charts, he's about 11 kg which is around the 25th centile so perfectly within normal limits.

Nothing to worry about I don't think

ConnieLingus Tue 10-Jul-07 10:07:10

Sounds OK to me. What does HV say?

Iklboo Tue 10-Jul-07 10:23:08

NOt been able to get to see HV.
So he's about OK then. He's always seemed to have been at about the 25th percentile. Is that OK?

Iklboo Tue 10-Jul-07 10:53:29

BTW - is there anywhere I could download the growth chart or anything? Or would that be too neurotic?

carocaro Tue 10-Jul-07 11:07:16

my son is the opposite, 6 months old and 23 pounds, so he's at the top of the chart, but DS 1 was just the same, now skinny and tall, just goes to show we come in all shapes and sizes!

KTNoo Tue 10-Jul-07 12:07:27

25th centile is perfectly ok. To get an average of 50th some have to be above and below! My ds has always been light - at one point on 2nd centile, now on 25th (14kg at 4 years). If your ds is healthy and developing don't worry. Mine hasn't always been healthy and we went through the whole allergy thing as he was often sick, only to conclude that now, at 4, he's just quite skinny!

daisyandbabybootoo Tue 10-Jul-07 12:20:58

WHO chart here

berolina Tue 10-Jul-07 12:23:13

I have a bumping-along-the-bottom-of-the-charts (both height and weight) 2yo, who is as healthy and up to speed developmentally as it's possible to be. He simply has small parents and is very activeinto the bargain. Charts represent averages, and someone has to be at the top and bottom.

Kewcumber Tue 10-Jul-07 12:25:26

my DS at 19 months is 25% for weight 50% for height. Doctor seems quite happy with that. He has a verty slight double chin and a small belly which is a reasonable guide that the child is not underweight I beleive. He sounds fine.

Kewcumber Tue 10-Jul-07 12:26:10

do you ahvea red book - they have gorwth charts in them at the back.

Iklboo Tue 10-Jul-07 13:38:57

Thanks all. I found my red book! It does put him at 25th percentile which, thanks to you lovely ladies, sounds OK.
He is a very healthy (touch wood) and happy little boy, full of energy & mischief so that's probably the most important part

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now